DIY & Advice
Undertile Heating Mats
Floor Heating Mats are part of the huge range in bathroomware that Beaumont Tiles offers to you to make your dream area come true.
The Heating Mats at Beaumonts offer all the benefits of Under Tile Heating with the added bonus of the element being already fixed to a mesh.
This makes installation a breeze as you simply roll out the system across your ﬂoor. As with all Hotwire products the fully programmable thermostat is standard. You just need to choose which colour you want!
Do's and Don'ts of a Undertile Heating Mat
What To Do
- Read the installation instructions prior to the installation.
- Ensure the surface is clean and clear of obstructions
- Plan the heat mat layout prior to installation.
- Pre-plan post drilling Eg: doorstops vanities etc to eliminate damage to the element.
- Before starting and after laying use a multi-metre to check the resistance on the cable ensuring there is a circuit.
- Ensure that all heating element is positioned on the floor and not up into the wall cavity.
- Protect the element prior to tilling
- Check the element again for resistance readings prior to tiling starting and when tiling be very careful not to damage the element.
- Use Tile adhesives and grouts that are suitable for use with underfloor heating.
- Ensure that each tile is solidly bedded in adhesive with no air gaps.
- If you are unsure of any aspect of the installation or the suitability of the subfloor to be heated, check with your supplier (place of purchase) or call 0800 HEATING for technical advise.
What Not To Do
- Don’t cut or attempt to shorten the element
- Don’t commence installation on concrete floors that are not fully cured
- Don’t allow the heating element to cross over or touch – nor cross over into another room.
- Don’t allow the element to be installed on irregular surfaces.
- Don’t commence tiling before checking the continuity tester is working and that it is fitted to the elements cold tails.
- Don’t turn on the heating until the adhesives has fully cured (7 days)