How To Get a Great Contemporary Look
Design experts Alisa & Lysandra give their hot tips and tricks for creating a stunning Contemporary look.
Contemporary Style Checklist
When it comes to contemporary styling, less is so much more, in fact, what's not there is as telling as what is. Contemporary styling is simple line and form and a deep appreciation of the very latest in design endeavours that make this style supremely liveable.
- With the mantra of less is more, choose a base monochrome colour palette and add a pop of colour for impact. Add earthy elements like timber or marble.
- Stick to a dual colour palette and select up to three different tiles that work in harmony.
- Run your tiles to the ceiling.
- If your room doesn’t have much natural light, choose tiles from a light palette. If it’s well lit, go dark.
- Try a shaped tile such as a penny round from floor to ceiling for maximum impact with a plain white or timber-look floor tile.
- The simplicity of a polished concrete look tile on the floor can be styled with any structured or shaped wall tile.
- Use freestanding cabinetry and recess the toilet.
- Choose modern tapware in brushed nickel, pearl chrome, brass or matt black.
What's My Style
If you’re not sure about your style, don't worry! We are here to help. Our team of Beaumont design experts along with Australia’s elite designers crafted our exclusive What’s My Style Quiz. Take the quiz and find your top three styles in just three minutes. Your quiz results will also show you the best Complete Bathroom Packages for your style and provide you with a personalised style booklet, just like the one below, to help you on your design journey.