How To Get a Great Scandinavian Look
Design experts Kyal & Kara give their hot tips and tricks for creating a stunning Scandinavian look.
Scandinavian Style Checklist
Once the domain of architects and high-end designers, the secret of Scandi design is out and it’s now one of the most popular and easily achieved decors of them all! It’s functional, understated and organic and perfect for smaller spaces. Handcrafted textures and materials, and a light decorative touch, make it a calming and affordable delight. Scandi style is all about monochrome texturing. Build your look off a central character colour and layer the decor with handcrafted materials.
- The scandi colour palette includes cool/warm/blue-greys, white, pale pink and natural, earthy tones. Avoid bright colours and rather, focus on natural textures such as blonde timber and white marble.
- Go for bathroom tiles with light, cool grey and earthy tones and colour match the grout to the tile. Wet area walls look great when adorned with a white penny round or a subway tile in a herringbone pattern.
- For cabinetry use light coloured timbers (or timber look veneers) such as pine and oak.
- Design with light in mind - position mirrors to reflect existing light and dress windows lightly.
- Small elements of metal such as gold or copper tapware are perfect for Scandi bathroom ideas.
- Style with towels in either white or cool grey tones with minimal pattern.
What's My Style
If you’re not sure about your style, don't worry! We are here to help. Our team of Beaumont design experts along with Australia’s elite designers crafted our exclusive What’s My Style Quiz. Take the quiz and find your top three styles in just three minutes. Your quiz results will also show you the best Complete Bathroom Packages for your style and provide you with a personalised style booklet, just like the one below, to help you on your design journey.